Welcome to the CalKIDS Registration Page. This is the first step in activating your child’s CalKIDS account.
What you’ll need to register an account for a newborn participant:
- Name of the County in which the child’s birth was registered
- Your child’s date of birth
- Registration Code: Local Registration Number (located on your child’s birth certificate) OR unique CalKIDS code (included in the letter mailed to you)
What you’ll need to register an account for a student:
- Name of the County where the student was enrolled in public school as of the Fall Academic Census Day 2021 (October 6, 2021)
- Student’s date of birth
- Registration Code: Statewide Student Identifier (SSID), OR the unique CalKIDS code (included in the letter mailed to you). Please contact your school or school district to find your SSID.
Enter this information in the fields to the right and click register to get started!
CalKIDS Registration Instructions
Register Your Account
After entering your information below and clicking “Register” you will be able to choose a unique username and password to access your child’s account, link a new or existing ScholarShare 529 college savings account and much more!
If you are not able to register, check to make sure the information you have entered is accurate.
- Read CalKIDS frequently asked questions
- Call CalKIDS at (888) 445-2377 | Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm (PST) | Closed for major holidays